Saturday, February 9, 2013

Spent just about all day baking yesterday and today. Getting ready for a Chinese New Year get together next weekend. Felt rather accomplished but rather melancholy. Seeing all the festivity on facebook. Family gathering. Food that I miss. I did buy half a roast duck and some BBQ pork to represent a quiet reunion dinner. Was planning to bake a cake tomorrow but the fridge is full from all the cookies and leftover. I may hold off until mid week after we clear all the leftover. On the same token, I continue to browse the world wide web looking for more recipes and of course I found something that I hadn't had for years and now, itching to attempt to make it. It is busy work to host a  Chinese New Year party but it is something that I must do for me. I know that I cannot recreate what I was not given, but I can create memories with my love ones and friends. I can create new tradition for my family to call our own.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment