Tuesday, February 5, 2013


 

My son just woke up wailing. Must have had a nightmare. I picked him up, comforted him, and finally soothed him back to bed. His cry interrupted my facebook messaging with my niece who just wanted a listening ear. A sweet sweet girl who is alone and taking on too much in her young life. A life caught in the same web of hatred and abandonment. My oldest brother apparently lost his job again. My niece was upset that now she has to foot up more of her earnings to support my mother's golden son, her father.  She also had gotten into a fight with her younger sister who is resistant to any help for her school work. Apparently, she is skipping school and flunking everything. What a legacy! I hope my mother is proud when she looks in from wherever she is! I can just hear her say to that little girl as she said to me, what's the point of education if you're going to end up useless like your aunt and uncle! The cycle of destruction continues. One can only hope that my little niece will realize the importance for self love before it is too late. As I laid with my son in his room tonight, I am reminded of how far I have come. At the same time, I am reminded of the turmoil my nieces and nephew are enduring. My son has parents who will go to great length for him. It hurts us when he cries. My nieces and nephew have no one to hold them and love them. No one to stand by them to make it better. Like me, they have a parent who deliberately hurts them. Delibrately cuts into their soul and leave them bleeding. Life is just so unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment