Thursday, February 7, 2013



I always feel that God has always been very kind to me. In my life time, I have stumbled into many angels who have guided me and helped to steer me in the right direction. Amongst them, a few "mothers" were sent my way.

The first time I met her was at church. She played the piano for the service and so did I. She has this hearty chuckle. She has five children and a slew of grandchildren. Can't say that they've always treated her with the respect that she deserves or if they've always made the right choices for themselves. But she loves them all irregardless. They were hers.  I had a run in with a horrible college roommate situation and she offered a place for me to stay. She charged me minimum rent. She cooked for me. She cleaned for me. Iron my clothes for me. I was spoil rotten. It was great. When they had to downsize, I had to move. She went all out to find me a good home. That's when I met my two other angels. Two strong elderly women. They took me in. Cooked for me, but didn't iron my clothes. Still, I was spoil rotten. These women has strength that is admirable. They were independent. Opinionated to say the least but full of wisdom. They loved life. One of them have since passed and I actually had a premonition of her passing, but not of my own mother. That is the level of spiritual connection I have with her. I still hear echos of her voice. Not that I listen to them all but I agree with a lot of it.

Out of the three, only one is still around .I should really be more in touch with her. Although we hardly communicate, come Christmas, I will get a calendar in the mail. Reminding me that I matter to her. She was there comforting me when my parents passed. She knows what I needed to hear. But I have never told her how much she meant to me. I have never told any one of them how much they meant to me. I don't even realize how much they actually meant to me until now. The last one standing just turned 80. She celebrated her birthday with her family and friends. I hope she sticks around a little longer because she matters so much to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment