Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My other mother in law is planning a visit next month. I have to say that I am not thrilled about the visit. Today I confessed that sentiment to my husband. I am aware of my fragile feelings and unresolved issues with my own mother. While I'm sorting out my inner struggles, part of me still wish that I had a final say with my own mother.  I have held my tongue with this mother-in-law for far too many times. A reminder of what I've done for years with my own mother. I am more than ever is likely to spill what would have been kept at the tip of my tongue. I can't stop her from visiting. There is never a good time for someone like her to visit. You can't stop her from wanting to do what she wants and if I try to even disagree or have a different opinion, I know I will be shot down with a condescending and crude remark. At this stage, such behavior will be so much harder for me to tolerate or bite my tongue to keep the peace. Only time will tell. I will continue to strive to be the one that takes the high road. I will strive to be the hero but I can't guarantee that I can at this time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment