Sunday, March 3, 2013

I spent the good part of yesterday raging and the more I rage, the more stuff came up to the surface. I was fuming on how she tried to undermine my son by withholding his gift only to toss it to the side instead of giving it to him in person. Looking back, she has been awful towards my son since the very beginning. Knowing that we were trying to get pregnant, she literally harassed us for pictures of our friend's daughter when she was born, but when my son was born, she didn't ask for his pictures until it got awkward for having nothing to show her friends. After he was born, she was too busy ranting and raving about a set of twins from a distant cousin whom she had only met once. That was all she talked about. Yes, she did crochet a blanket for my son, she gave that set of twins far more stuff and attention. The first time she met my son was nothing but a hurried visit for barely an hour or two. She didn't see my son for another year and the second visit, she was annoyed with him for touching her cheap Christmas decoration. She looked at him with such disdain and said that he had bad manners. This visit she had barely a few hours in total with my son and she had concluded that he was acting up. In response to that comment I said "acting up? he doesn't act up." And one night after my son left the table after he had finished his dinner she said "I can't understand how people can have more children" while making implication that my son was difficult when my son was being nothing but an angel at the dinner table. For my son's first & second birthdays, she bought him saving bonds that he has no access to until he is 20. She stiff him for his third birthday. Can't wait to see what he'll get, if anything for his fourth birthday.

Her undermining towards me, while not a blatant as previous times, happened nonetheless. As she left for the airport, she lovingly told me that she left me all the shampoo and conditioner samples for me to use. Come to find out, they were the ones she took from the hotel. She did the same thing to my husband. His gift was 2 packets of stolen coffee sachet from the hotel. In previous years, she has given me her old watch, old jump-suit from the 1960s, and the best of all, a box of old t-shirts. She expects gratitude from me and when I was not appreciative, she said that I was being stubborn. For years I just brushed it off but became more and more insulted as the years went by.

She also basked in the misery of others and when that cannot be accomplished, she becomes jealous. She constantly asked about my father in law and his wife, as well as every members of their family, hoping to latch on something bad. In the past, she would be amused about my brother in law for not remarrying because in her own words "he is not the easiest person to live with." He has since remarry and she can't say that anymore. Not only that, she was "surprise" by the lavish wedding. She also used to imply that our nephew was "just like his father" but she can't say that lately because he is a productive and responsible manager of an auto mechanic store. This visit, she tried to help fix a statue that I broke. She had a smile on her face while she mockingly said she hate seeing the tiger statue without it's tail. Without missing a beat, I told her "it matched the dog's tail." She persisted and wouldn't quit and wanted to spend a good part of the following day buying the "shoe glue" to fix it for us. We finally ignored her and fearing that she would still try to "fix" it, I hid the broken piece.

When she walked out on my husband when he was only five years old, she thought that she could do better. According to my father in law, her departure caused my husband months of nightmare. He woke up middle of the night screaming and crying at the door, asking for his mother. He spent countless hours comforting his son and for that, he had never forgiven her. To this day, my father in law despise her, not for what she did to him but for what she put my husband through. My husband had no recollection of any of it. It must have been suppressed so deep in his psyche cos' it must have hurt so bad.

Knowing what this woman is capable off, it would be extremely irresponsible of me to even let her have another minute with my son. She would tear him apart. She has no qualms about hurting her own son, let alone a grandson she didn't care for. I am so angry at her.

She doesn't ever ask or discuss things. She demands. This visit, she made no effort to find out the most convenient time for us and gave us barely a few weeks notice for her visit. Knowing that we both work, she deliberately planned her visit on week days expecting us all to take time off to serve her whims and fancies. When that didn't happen, she make comments that she wished that she had more time with me and the baby. She ambushed me when I was on the computer saying "I hate to interrupt you but I did call about the condo that I was interested in but it was too expensive." In one breathe, she then gave me her specification of what she wanted and she wanted us to do the work for her. Best of all, she suddenly burst in tears saying that she wanted to move close to us because "she feels like she is missing out on our son." What a bunch of crock!!!

This visit, she took 2 random pictures of my son when he was on the computer out of complete obligation. She didn't take any of mine and I didn't take any of hers. Feelings are mutual. What she hadn't realize is that, she has no control of me. I am tougher than she thinks. I have more control and more capable in making her life a living hell. She hadn't realize that I am a child of a narcissistic and I have played this game. I know the final outcome and I have dealt with it with my own mother. I have far less loyalty towards her. I have youth, I have more resources, I have more education, I have more understanding. She can rage all she wants. She can cry all she wants. It is all a game. A game that will end real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment