Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The rationale self delivered today. My heart did not pump quite as hard as before when the meeting began. I took control and was able to put forth a sound argument. I was able to silent the beast and get the best possible outcome. I am pleased. While I want to celebrate, I will have to hold it off for at least till the end of the week. I checked my email this afternoon, nothing from the attorney. It was a relief. I didn't give in but I compromised where I had to. I gave in 10% of the demands and I think, I have come out of this ahead of the game. It is only the beginning. The beast is not that fierce this time around. I don't like to battle with them but it comes with the job. This time I survived unscathed and I hope through my career, it will remain so.

It has been a very stressful day but looking back, several pieces were definitely put in place by the Almighty in my favor. A person brought in by the opponent took immediate liking to me. It definitely ease the tension in the room. That can only be of divine intervention. The attorney was much younger than I had anticipated. One with some jargon but due to her lack of experience, was not able to sustain her argument. It made it easier for me. I had nothing against her but I certainly annoyed her when I interjected her. I didn't think she had a chance to finish a sentence nor made point. I had to defend my work when she had the nerve to suggest that I failed mine. I took everything in consideration including her requests/demands - some of which were down right ridiculous. Which I kindly did not embarrass her in front of the entire committee. She is an attorney and she looks at numbers. I look at the well being of the person. I said what I said not with the intention to put her down. I said what I said in the best interest of my client. In the end, I felt that I have given my client the best chance within the circumstances.

However, this entire battle did not come with my client's best interest at heart. The person simply want to battle any cost. The person derive attention from creating issues that are not even there. The song and dance that I have to do can be extremely frustrating. This person will continue to fight, just because. I see my client chances of life being taken away from him right before me. I have no authority to change things. Professionally,   I have stalled it long enough to get it out of my hair. But I can't help but see the damage that is to come.  It's a shame that there are so many of these kinds in the world who take pleasure in destroying what is perfectly made.

No comments:

Post a Comment