Thursday, May 2, 2013

What is LOVE?

Being raised by one who is incapable of true love, I begin to wonder what is love? Looking back, I've always known how to love. I love who I am yesterday and even more today. I've always loved my pets, my seashells, and even my parents, until I realized that they have not loved me. I love my ex and I was willing to give my life for him. Only because I knew even my life could not cure him, that I walked away. Today, my love is for my husband and my son. Today, my love is much more vulnerable than it has ever been. I am willing to expose myself and all my weaknesses and let it be. I am willing to take a chance on life. I am not afraid. With my husband, the love is about our journey. Through thick and thin. We hit some bumps along the way and we have grown. I love that about us. My son is my heart. Unlike my parents, my love for him does not come with a hidden clause. I love him for who he is and I can't wait to see who he is going to be. I want to be around for him. To see him grow, be a man, a father, and be all that he can be in whatever path that he chooses. It is exciting.

Then I wonder about the ones that are incapable of love. The ones who are not willing to hold my hands and walk with me but tried to pull me to another direction at whatever cost. The ones who are too afraid to let go. How sad it is for the ones who are incapable of love. How much they have missed out on life because they are not willing to be vulnerable. Life is for the living and I have one life to live. I am not willing to miss out on any of the good things simply because I am holding back and not letting go.

For now, it is yet the best years of my life. I will look back on this day and be proud because I know what love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment