Thursday, January 16, 2014

What are my fears? Why do some things bother me so much more than it should?

One of them would be the sense of belonging. Growing up, I never felt like I belong. My peers were of another race and religion. I was made fun of and often I didn't feel like I belong. When I went to highschool, kids from various schools came into one and I found myself not fitting in with my own for I had more in common with those of another color and believes. When I moved to a bigger city, it was better until our graduating years. Everyone had path planned out for them and there I was, not one of them. There is a price to pay for wanting to be one of them. I reach out more than I should and when my effort is not received or returned, I feel more hurt than I should. I became that little girl who didn't fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment